A young working couple (Double income no kids) enjoys double the cash flows and commensurate increase in risk appetite of the family unit. This would be the time to save and invest wisely while laying the foundation for potential future responsibilities.
An indicative portfolio would be as follows:
- 40% Diversified Large Cap Schemes (20% Actively Managed + 20% Index Funds)
- 25% Actively Managed Midcap schemes
- 10% Actively Managed small cap schemes
- 10% gold ETF
- 10% diversified debt fund / fixed deposits
- 5% short-term debt funds and liquid schemes / savings bank account / current account.